Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So many books, so little time...

As you may have noticed, I have not selected an author to feature for this week, due in part to the physical demands of Ramadan, lack of sleep and general malaise. I have also resolved to spend a little more time writing on a couple of projects I started on a while ago and put on hold when I started the blog. But that doesn't mean the Storytellers Web is going to come to a standstill. Next week we will be featuring one of Britain's best-selling authors, Terry Pratchett. He has been such a dedicated writer that he has habitually churned out a book every year since he left his regular job (too many moons ago to mention politely). Terry Pratchett was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease two years ago, and although he is doing as well as can be expected, our thoughts are with him and his family.

Terry Pratchett has millions of fans around the world, many of whom simply cannot imagine a world where there are no new Pratchett books coming into the bookshops. If you are a Pratchett fan, drop me a line - tell me which books and characters are your favourite and when you were introduced to the Discworld - I look forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. The Librarian
    out of boredom i tentatively tried Mort which my brother had left lying around. and since 2001 i've been hooked to the discworld series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love most of the books. Recently I really liked the Tiffany Aching books with the nac mac feegle, but I also really liked the stand alone book, Monstrous Regiment. I think my favorite character is Death.

    ReplyDelete